Annual General Meeting 2020
The Annual General Meeting of Sanoma Corporation will be held on Wednesday, 25 March 2020 at 14:00 Finnish time (EET) at Marina Congress Center (Katajanokanlaituri 6, 00160 Helsinki, Finland). The reception of persons who have registered for the meeting, distribution of the voting tickets and the preceding coffee service will commence at 13:00 Finnish time.
Shareholder, who is registered on the record date of the meeting, 13 March 2020, in the shareholders’ register of the Company held by Euroclear Finland Ltd, has the right to participate in the Annual General Meeting. A shareholder, whose shares are registered on his/her personal book entry account, is registered in the shareholders’ register of the Company.
A shareholder, who wants to participate in the General Meeting, shall register for the meeting no later than 19 March 2020 at 16:00 Finnish time by giving a prior notice of participation. Such notice can be given as of 20 February 2020 at 9:00 Finnish time:
Important dates and times
- Registration for the AGM will begin on 20 February 2020 at 9:00 Finnish time
- The record date of the AGM is 13 March 2020
- Registration for the AGM must be received by Sanoma no later than 19 March 2020 16:00 Finnish time
- The AGM will be held on Wednesday 25 March 2020 starting at 14:00 Finnish time, at Marina Congress Center, Helsinki ? the reception will start at 13:00 Finnish time
- The dividend is proposed to be paid in two instalments: 0.25 EUR per share on 3 April 2020 and EUR 0.25 per share on or about 6 November 2020
- The record date of the first dividend payment instalment is 27 March 2020 and on or about 30 October 2020 for the second instalment
Notice of the meeting and advance materials
Annual Report and Financial Statements 2019 (will be published 3 March 2020 at the latest)
Remuneration Policy (will be published 3 March 2020 at the latest)
Proposals by the Board of Directors to the AGM:
Read the full Privacy Statement here
The General Meeting
The General Meeting is Sanoma’s highest decision-making body, convening at least once a year in accordance with the Sanoma Articles of Association.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held by the end of June each year and it handles the matters that fall under its authority according to the Finnish Companies Act as well as any matters proposed to a General Meeting. Extraordinary General Meetings are convened to handle specific matters proposed to a General Meeting.
According to the Finnish Companies Act, e.g. the following matters are subject to the decision-making power of a General Meeting:
- amendments to the Articles of Association;
- increases or decreases in share capital;
- issues of shares or other rights entitling to shares;
- acquisition of own shares;
- decisions on the number, election and remuneration of Directors;
- adoption of the financial statements;
- distribution of profits / allocation of losses.
Shareholders’ right to have matters dealt with by the General Meeting
According to the Finnish Companies Act, a shareholder may also request that his or her proposal to be handled at the next General Meeting. Such a request shall be made in writing to the company’s Board of Directors and the proposed matters shall fall within the competence of the General Meetings according to the Finnish Companies Act.
Sanoma organises the Annual General Meeting on 25 March 2020 in Helsinki. If a shareholder wanted to request a proposal to be included on the agenda of the General Meeting, he or she should have notified the Board of Directors by 10 January 2020. Request were asked to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to Sanoma Corporation, Group Legal Affairs, P.O.Box 60, 00089 Sanoma.
Archive of previous Annual General Meetings