Annual General Meeting 2020
|The Annual General Meeting of Sanoma Corporation was held on Wednesday, 25 March 2020 at 14:00 Finnish time (EET).|
Due to the corona virus outbreak, shareholders were encouraged to attend the meeting by proxies and to follow the meeting via live-webcast. Shareholders were able to ask questions related to agenda points of the AGM during and after the meeting until 26 March 2020. No questions were received.
Important dates and times
- The dividend is proposed to be paid in two instalments: 0.25 EUR per share on 3 April 2020 and EUR 0.25 per share on or about 6 November 2020
- The record date of the first dividend payment instalment is 27 March 2020 and on or about 30 October 2020 for the second instalment
Minutes of the meeting and appendice
Read the full Privacy Statement here
The General Meeting
The General Meeting is Sanoma’s highest decision-making body, convening at least once a year in accordance with the Sanoma Articles of Association.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held by the end of June each year and it handles the matters that fall under its authority according to the Finnish Companies Act as well as any matters proposed to a General Meeting. Extraordinary General Meetings are convened to handle specific matters proposed to a General Meeting.
According to the Finnish Companies Act, e.g. the following matters are subject to the decision-making power of a General Meeting:
- amendments to the Articles of Association;
- increases or decreases in share capital;
- issues of shares or other rights entitling to shares;
- acquisition of own shares;
- decisions on the number, election and remuneration of Directors;
- adoption of the financial statements;
- distribution of profits / allocation of losses.
Shareholders’ right to have matters dealt with by the General Meeting
According to the Finnish Companies Act, a shareholder may also request that his or her proposal to be handled at the next General Meeting. Such a request shall be made in writing to the company’s Board of Directors and the proposed matters shall fall within the competence of the General Meetings according to the Finnish Companies Act.
Sanoma organised the Annual General Meeting on 25 March 2020 in Helsinki. If a shareholder wanted to request a proposal to be included on the agenda of the General Meeting, he or she should have notified the Board of Directors by 10 January 2020. Request were asked to be emailed to email@example.com or sent to Sanoma Corporation, Group Legal Affairs, P.O.Box 60, 00089 Sanoma.
Archive of previous Annual General Meetings